- How soon will I start seeing results from using Dermalogica products?
- Some people see results the first time they use the products, and everyone tells us that their skin feels different straight away. The skin feels, clean, smooth, hydrated, and reflects a new level of health that"s visibly noticeable.
If the skin has more advanced long-term needs, such as treatment of skin aging, acne or hyperpigmentation caused by hormonal fluctuations or sun damage, results may not be immediately visible; however, skin health will continue to improve as you follow the advice of your professional skin therapist, your Face Mapping® zone-by-zone prescription and your home care regimen.
- What are the long-term benefits of using Dermalogica products?
- Plain and simple – healthy skin. Dermalogica uses ingredients designed to help keep skin at an optimal level of fitness – not just cover up with cosmetic results. But don"t get us wrong: a benefit of healthy skin is skin that looks its best! In addition, when skin is at an optimal level of fitness, your professional skin therapist can more effectively address issues that may arise from time to time, as your skin"s needs are constantly changing.
- Why do I need a professional skin therapist?
- For the same reason doctor and dentist check-ups are necessary: for better health!
Skin is a living part of your body (your largest organ, in fact), that defends against environmental assaults and extreme temperatures. It helps eliminate toxins from the body. It heals from cuts, abrasions and scratches like a champ. It"s continually renewing and protecting. Simply put, skin keeps the bad stuff out and the good stuff in
So why do you dote more on your hair and nails – two items on your body that aren"t actually living? Your skin needs personal attention from a professional – and that professional is a Dermalogica professional skin therapist.
At Dermalogica, we train more than 75,000 professional skin therapists a year. Dermalogica professional skin therapists are licensed, intensely educated skin health experts trained to prescribe Dermalogica products and deliver Dermalogica professional skin treatments. They have the answers to your most pressing skin care concerns. They know how to deliver real, visible results. They"re the best in the business, and have a real passion for taking care of your skin
Your best-looking skin starts with healthy skin, and healthy skin starts with a Dermalogica professional skin therapist. Start living your healthiest skin!
- Your cleansers are "soap-free." Why, and how can a cleanser be "soap-free?"
- Soaps are made from fats and oils that react with lye (sodium hydroxide) to create an alkaline stripping action on the skin, resulting in an upset of the skin"s pH balance. Solid fats such as coconut oil, palm oil, tallow (rendered beef fat), or lard (rendered pork fat), are used to form bars of soap that stay hard.
All of our Cleansers are soap-free and acid-balanced to protect the skin"s natural moisture barrier. Dermalogica Cleansers are free of the types of fats and oils listed above, and contain no animal products. Our cleansers are also free of artificial colors and fragrances. Any scent that comes from our cleansers comes from natural essential oils and extracts that benefit skin health.
Dermalogica offers ten face cleansing options an amazing body cleanser: meaning optimizing skin health and taking care of skin"s specific needs is just a wash away.
- Does Dermalogica test on animals?
- We have never, and will never, conduct animal testing.
- What are Dermalogica"s philanthropic efforts?
- Just as Dermalogica works every day to help skin care professionals reach their highest level of success, the tribe also plays an active role in giving back to the community. In January 2011, Dermalogicalaunched FITE – Financial Independence for Women through Entrepreneurship – which aims to help a minimum of 25,000 women around the world to start or grow a business. In partnership with Kiva.org, FITE is the first microlending Web site that solely focuses on women entrepreneurs in the United States and 56 countries worldwide. This is the first time that microfinance is being extended to consumers and meeting them where they are – online and in-stores.
Although FITE is the brand"s overarching philanthropic endeavor, the Dermalogica Foundation has championed financial independence for women by providing support to local, grass-roots organizations that benefit women and children in need since 1999. All of these organizations, which are non-denominational and are not supported by any other major source of funding, work to improve the lives of women and children through a hand-up, not a hand out. Dermalogica"s support fosters better education, training, materials and services to help women and children achieve financial independence. Dermalogica Foundation is funded.
- Why should I only buy Dermalogica products from an authorized skin treatment center, medispa, salon or spa?
- Dermalogica products are designed to be most efficacious when prescribed by a Dermalogica professional skin therapist extensively trained in Face Mapping® skin analysis. Face Mapping® analysis is the process of analyzing your skin, zone-by-zone, to diagnose your skin condition and prescribe subsequent products for results. Without the assistance of a Dermalogica professional skin therapist, you may select the wrong products for your skin, and fail to reach your desired skin health results.
Dermalogica stands behind the efficacy of every product we sell, if you have purchased it from an authorized location. Unauthorized locations, including many internet selling sites, may sell counterfeit and outdated products, and should be avoided as we do not guarantee their authenticity.